The pressure cooker is one of the most commonly used kitchenware. It helps you cook fast and easy. The advantage of using a pressure cooker is that it helps you to make a variety of dishes. With the help of a cooker, you cannot only save time but also your effort.
You must have heard many people cooking rice in a pressure cooker. If you want to know how then you are in the right place. In this brief guide, we will tell you how to use a pressure cooker to make rice.
How to cook rice in a pressure cooker?
So here is a step-by-step guide to preparing rice in a pressure cooker. This is rocket science and therefore, all of you can try it. Here you go with the details.
- The first thing you need to do is take the required amount of rice and soak it nicely in water. At the same time get rid of all the unwanted things from rice. Before proceeding, rinse the rice nicely so that it doesn’t stick to each other.
- Leave the rice soaked in water for at least 30 minutes. This step is not mandatory but will help you save time when cooking rice in a pressure cooker.
- Now put the soaked rice in the cooker and add two to three glasses of water. You need to add slightly more water than your rice. You can also add olive oil, peanut oil or sesame oil if you want. This gives an additional flavor to your rice. However, this step is not mandatory.
- No matter what type of rice you are cooking, you can follow the same steps for all the rice varieties. This includes brown rice, white rice, etc.
- Now fasten the lid securely. Make sure that the whistle is attached correctly.
- Place the cooker on the gas and heat it in medium and high flames. This will increase the pressure inside the cooker which will lead to the hissing sound. At this stage, you need to reduce the flame.
- You need to wait for a couple of whistles to blow. Once that is done, you can remove the lid and check. However, you should not force the lid open. If it’s not opening, wait for some time and let the pressure inside release. This will cause the lid to open automatically.
- Once you open the lid, you can check the rice whether it is properly cooked or not. You should not use your hands directly as the rice is extremely hot. Instead, you can use a spoon to stir the rice and remove all the moisture from it.
Your rice is ready to be served hot. You can eat it with any curry you like. Or you can have it with chicken or fish.
You can follow the same method to cook different varieties of rice. The only thing you have to do is add some ghee, cumin seeds and saute all the chopped vegetables nicely in the cooker. You can use a variety of vegetables including potato, cauliflower, carrots, peas, beans and any other vegetables that you like. After adding all of it, you need to repeat all the steps that are mentioned above.
If you have very little time to cook or in a hurry, then this is the method you should use. Any variety of rice you cook will taste good, so you have nothing to worry about.
Thus, you can see how easy it is to cook rice in a pressure cooker. This is not only fast but also very easy. If you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen, then you should follow this method.