Whether it be a pressure cooker or any other kitchenware, you must maintain and take care of it properly. This will make them last longer.
Pressure cookers are the most common type of vessel that can be found in almost every household. With the help of a pressure cooker, you can prepare a whole lot of dishes. From cakes to rice, you can prepare a lot of recipes in a cooker. Not just that but it also makes cooking fast.
Many of you use your cooker almost every day. To extend the life of your cooker, you need to take proper care of it. In this article, we will tell you how to take clean and maintain your pressure cooker properly.
Guidelines To Cleaning A Pressure Cooker
Here are some useful tips you need to follow.
- You should not keep food in your pressure cooker for too long. That’s because it becomes difficult to clean the cooker later on.
- You should read the cleaning instructions properly. You need to check whether you can wash the cooker in a dishwasher or not. If it is not meant for a dishwasher, then it may cause damage to the cooker.
- When you store food in your pressure cooker for too long, it affects the metal badly.
Cleaning a pressure cooker is not a difficult task. You can easily clean it using some water and dishwashing liquid, just the way you clean your other utensils. To remove the stuck food particles, you can use a spatula. You can even remove the visible flame using the same spatula.
How to wash a pressure cooker?
Here are the steps you need to follow to wash your pressure cooker right.
- If you want to wash your pressure cooker properly, then you need to separate all the parts first. This includes the rubber, whistle, lid, gasket, and other parts. you need to wash each of the parts carefully, using only sponge, soap and hot water.
- To clean the whistle thoroughly, you can use a toothpick. This will help you to reach even the inside of the whistle which is otherwise not possible. this will make sure that no food particles are left inside.
- If there is any food particle left inside the pressure, then you need to remove it as well. All you have to do is put some water on it and then turn on the gas on a low flame. This will take off the stuck food particles and also the dried out residues from the cooker.
- Cleaning a burnt pressure cooker can seem to be a tough job. But you can clean it easily by following the right steps. At first, you need to half-fill in the pressure cooker with water. Next, you need to put in a few slices of onion and keep the cooker on flame for about 15 to 20 minutes. During this time, you should not put the lid.
After 20 minutes, turn off the gas and wash the cooker in the usual way. You will see that it is much easier to take off the burn stains.
How to store and maintain the pressure cooker?
We all want our vessels and kitchen appliances to last longer. For this, we need to make sure that we are storing them correctly. The same applies to your pressure cooker. You need to keep it safe when you are not using it.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Before storing your pressure cooker make sure that it is completely dry. If you store it in a wet condition, it will attract bacteria build-up.
- You are advised to store your pressure cooker in a nice and dry place.
- For those who want to keep their presser cooker, ultra-clean should add a few spoons of baking soda on the base and the walls of the cooker. This will help you to keep all the germs and bacteria away.
From the above discussion, we got to learn how to clean and maintain our pressure cookers. By taking good care of it, you can extend its service life. Not just that but you can also make sure that there is no bacteria build-up.