To many of your cake making sounds like some pro-level thing. But it doesn’t always have to be like that. You can make a cake using a pressure cooker in your home and it will be just as delicious as the ones you get from a cake shop.
Making cake in a pressure cooker is not a new thing. You can make a variety of cakes using just a pressure cooker. This technique has been used by people before ovens were introduced.
If you know the right steps, you can easily make any type of cake you want in a pressure cooker. Today, we are taking the opportunity to share with you the easiest way of making a cake using a pressure cooker at home. So without any delay, let’s get started.
Ingredients You Will Need
To get started, you will have to arrange for all the ingredients you will need.
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of fresh milk
- Baking soda
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of oil
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoon of vinegar
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Take a tray in which you will make the cake and apply a bit of oil in the bottom.
- Add a bit of salt at the bottom of your pressure cooker.
- Put a ring on top of it and heat the pressure cooker in low to medium heat for just 2 to 3 minutes.
- The next step is to prepare the batter.
- Take a bowl and put milk, vinegar, and milk. Mix them extremely well.
- Now you have to prepare the dry mixture in another bowl by adding flour, baking soda, and sugar.
- Once you are done, pour it into a pan and then add milk.
- You need to place the tray in the cooker and put the lid.
- The baking will take about 50 to 60 minutes, so you need to be patient.
- Once the time is over, don’t take the cake out immediately. You need to first check whether it is baked properly. You can use a spoon or knife to poke the middle of the cake to understand.
- Let the tray cool for about 15 to 20 minutes. After that take out the cake by inverting the tray.
Well, it’s easy to make a cake in a pressure cooker. In just 1 and a half hours, you should be done with your cake.
Tips To Follow
Here are some expert tips for you to follow:
- You can use unsalted butter while mixing the flour with a pinch of salt.
- If you want to frost your cake, you should not do it while the cake is hot.
- You can use ghee in place of butter.
- You can even use a neutral-flavored oil as well.
So these are the complete steps to make a cake in a pressure cooker. The steps are quite easy and therefore, anyone can do it.